Feel like making a Thai inspired meal tonight? How’s this for an easy to prepare mid-week meal – a Thai beetroot slaw served alongside our Asiana Selection Thai Spring Rolls found in your local Woolworths frozen aisle! This is a simple and quick way to take a popular savoury snack and turn it into a main meal.
Thai beetroot slaw with Thai Spring Rolls
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 People
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- A packet of Asiana Thai Spring Rolls
- 1 large beetroot
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups shredded cabbage, we prefer green Savoy cabbage
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Nuts to garnish
- Cook the Asiana Thai Spring Rolls according to the instructions on the box.
- Prepare your ingredients by cutting the beetroot and carrots into matchsticks, slicing the onion thinly and roughly chopping the herbs.
- To make the dressing, combine the sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and fish sauce, and whisk to combine.
- Place the beetroot, carrots, onion, cabbage, coriander, mint, Thai basil in a bowl and pour over the dressing. Toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with the fried shallots and serve with the crispy Asiana Thai Spring Rolls. You can garnish the dish with some nuts of your choice - we prefer peanuts in this slaw.